Sunday, April 17, 2011

Definitely a Tortoise

Remember the childhood fable called The Tortoise and the Hare?  Well, I'm definitely the tortoise.


We started a project a month ago to give the downstairs main bath a face lift.  I'm still plodding along.   Slow and steady may win the race, but I have yet to glimpse the finish line.

In my last installment, I lamented that the sheetrock had damage from removing the wallpaper.



Since then, we have

Patched
Fill with spackle, then sand

Primed


 Textured


Mask the room with plastic and mask yourself!  Respirator required!

I have also painted the trim with alkyd paint which I'll cover in another post.  Baby steps, but the fun stuff is coming soon!  I hope to have a reveal before the end of April. 


 

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Oh gosh you are going at an awesome speed. Do you have any idea how long I have been working on my bedroom. Take your time with these things so it stays fun and you don't burnout.
It is going to be beautiful.