Friday, February 18, 2011

I've Got the Fever

Last week, it was 18 degrees, today it was 85 degrees in North Texas.   I have a serious case of Spring Fever. So guess what I did?

Indulged in a little retail therapy.  I guess I caught a shopping bug with this change in weather.

I have a home accessories fetish. I think it's because I seem to have trouble making Big Decisions regarding home decor so I make small decisions instead.  I am constantly amazed by the gazillions of bloggers out there who can paint and glaze furniture, sew drapes, whip up some cupcakes, put up board and batten, make homemade baby food...all before lunch.  They don't seem to have any trouble making a plan and then implementing it.  Me?  I shop.

I went to one furniture store and a lot of home discount stores today:  Marshall's, Stein Mart, Tuesday Morning, and  Ross.  Here are a few things that caught my eye.

From Weir's Furniture

I love this little hall chest: the yummy color (kind of a grey-green), the shape, the storage.  It is a steal at $199.  I need to measure to see if it would fit in my house somewhere.  Remember what I said about me and Big Decisions?

I noticed a lot of grey (or greige) and burlap all over the place.  I can't decide if the stores are following the blog trends or if the blogs are following the home store trends.

Here are some gray offerings from Stein Mart:

Galvanized terrarium


Love the reticulated (pierced) edge on this
I LOVE this piece but wish the three little piggies would go home.  I would either use this for flowers on the patio or for cupcakes or pastries in the dining room.  This was nice and tall.

More galvanized metal, this time with some wicker for texture and warmth
I thought these little wicker caddies would be great to hold office supplies or kitchen cutlery or fresh herbs on the kitchen window sill.

Here is Marshalls' homage to grey:

Nice lantern -- I have a similar one that I may paint
Another lantern design



Love the box pleats on this grey pillow...

and the puckered texture on this one!
Here was the piece de resistance at Marshalls:

Fab, French Linen for $199?--Oo la la!

So do you want to see what I bought?  There's not one grey thing among them!


Little white pitcher--$3 from Ross

Presto-changeo candleholder (aka mini cloche)--$7 at Tuesday Morning

Cool little sign that has my fave colors--$7 at Marshalls
For less than $20, I got a few cute new things to usher in Spring!  Hey!  I think I'm feeling a little bit better!

What do YOU do when you get the Fever?

No comments: