Friday, November 19, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

 Since there is a 2010 Favorite Things link party at 320 Sycamore,



I thought I would throw out a few of my faves.

Dark Chocolate

My number one favorite treat is chocolate.  Not just ANY chocolate, but deep, dark chocolate.  I love Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet chocolate chips. 

They are SO decadent and yummy!  Perfect out of the bag or in any of your favorite recipes, they are simply the best.

French Pedicure

I didn't get my first pedicure until I was probably 45, but now the ultimate summer treat for my feet is a french pedicure.  One the top things on my special-occasions gift list is a gift certificate to a nice nail salon.


Yellow Box Flip Flops

The most comfortable footwear EVER is Yellow Box's flip flops.  They're so cushiony.  And lots of their styles have a little Bling Thing going on.


Wearing these flip flops is one of the best ways to show off my french pedi!

Chi Flat Iron Hair Styler

I have naturally curly hair that has only gotten curlier with age.  I used to live in a humid climate where it was impossible to keep it from looking like a Brillo pad.  Now that I live in a dryer climate, my hair is easier to manage but I still depend on the Chi flat iron to smooth my hair out. 

It took a lot to convince me that any hair care tool was worth $100, but this one is.  It is super hot, fast, and leaves my hair smooth and straight.  The only downside is it doesn't have an auto shut-off feature which I find to be a real pain.

Jo Malone fragrances

Finally, I love the fresh and light fragrances by Jo Malone.  One of my favorites is Nectarine Blossom & Honey.

In my city, I need to go to either Saks or Neiman Marcus to get it, which kind of intimidates me since I'm not a "fancy girl."  I always feel like the sales clerks are giving me the once over.  Oh well, when I spray this stuff on, at least it makes me feel like a million bucks!

8 comments:

CWK said...

I LOVE all of your favorites! I would love to won a Chi!!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love all your favs...although I have none of them in my house..but I would like to have them! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

Melissa said...

My sisters are all chi girls and I have heard nothing but fantastic about those yellow box flip flops! :) I love how you say "deep, dark" chocolate. Thanks for joining us!

Michelle said...

I love your list! I too love dark chocolate, its my favorite thing, possibly of all time:)

B. said...

I need a good falt iron. I still live in a humid climate (South LA) and my hair is worse than a brillo pad!

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

Bobbie, that's where I lived for 17 years! I know just what you mean!

. said...

I've never heard of the yellow flip flops before....I'm going to have to try them out! :)

Holly said...

Nectarine and Honey? That sounds scrumptious!
I can totally relate to feeling like they're giving you the once over at the "fancy" stores. I thought I was the only one!
I'm visiting from Melissa's party...still making the rounds.