Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Falling Back

I went to Target today and noticed that they're already closing out the Fall decor.  Really?!  I guess I just fell behind in decorating my house for Fall this year.  Lucky for me, I do have some things I reuse year-to-year, like this sign I got eons ago that hangs from an armoire in my entrance foyer.


I don't know why, but I always squeal with delight when I see these 3 little piggies.

On my foyer table are my apothecary jars.


The largest one holds faux pumpkins, pears and artichokes; the mid-sized one holds real gourds and faux artichokes; and the smallest one holds fake-corns.  I tried collecting the real ones but the little caps kept falling off.  I was too lazy to glue them all back on.

Recently, I found this awesome metal pitcher at Ikea.  It sits atop my antique icebox in the kitchen.  I filled it with some fall leaves and flowers.  


Next to it sits my prized, Mexican rooster, Rusty.  A few years ago, one of my son's little friends called it "that bombed-out rooster."  No appreciation for art, I tell ya!  I have always loved roosters in my kitchen, probably because they remind me of my mom.  She had a matching set of rooster canisters and breadbox in our kitchen for years.

Happy Fall, Y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love everything, but I have to say the 3 piggies surprised me a bit.

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

Didn't you know, Lisa? I'm a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.