Friday, October 22, 2010

Hello World!

This is my first attempt at writing a post.  I must admit, it is a little intimidating when I look at the beautiful, professional blogs out there already.  Will anything I say be relevant or interesting?  Maybe this first time out, I will just comment on what I like.  Easy breezy, right?

Slipcovers


I love the clean, simple look of white slipcovers. I think it would be great to just pop them in the washer to freshen things up.  Stains happen.  It's a pricey and sometimes impossible proposition to erase them.  Yup, I'm all for the Big Coverup.

Now do I even own any of these lovelies?  No, because I cannot sew a stitch!  But my friend, Lisa, and I may be bartering: my homemade cooking for her stitchery skills!  I think I'm getting the better end of that deal!

40's Pottery

I love American art pottery from the 40's:  McCoy, Red Wing, Haegar.  Maybe I love it because I remember it from my childhood.  My mom had a square aqua vase that held lilacs in the Spring.  The shapes can be really interesting, especially the vases.




I think it looks best displayed en masse in a one or two colorways.  I tend to prefer the matte glazes.  I have a few pieces of white, some peachy-pink vases, and that square aqua vase from mom (but no lilacs in the Spring--sniff!).

Garden ornaments--indoors or out!


I like the sometimes crusty look of garden statues, ornaments and implements.  Some are refined, some are rustic, but I like them all.  (Gnomes and mushrooms need not apply!)

Cottage style in all its simplicity

There is something so homey and comforting about cottage style.  It reminds me of my roots in small-town America. Cottage style brings me back to a place where people are more important than possessions.  Where self worth isn't measured by net worth.  I miss that.  I want it again.  And cottage style brings me back to that place where I belong.  Home.




See you next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to live here!