Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Orb-bit

Late afternoon is my weakest time of day when I'm trying to stay away from sweet treats.  I'm usually hungry and tired, but dinner won't be ready for over an hour.  I need something to take the edge off while keeping me on course with my diet.

These little orb-bits are sweet, salty, crunchy, and packed with protein.  They use pantry ingredients, are quick and easy to make, and keep in the refrigerator for days.



Peanut Butter Protein Balls
(click here to print)

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup granola, very finely crushed (I use GoLean Crunch, for additional protein and fiber)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)

Coating:  wheat germ, graham cracker crumbs, flax seeds, finely ground peanuts, and/or cocoa powder

Combine the first 5 ingredients and stir until well combined.



Use a small cookie scoop (1 inch diameter) to portion out the balls onto waxed paper.  Chill for about 20 minutes.



Roll each portion into a ball, then roll each ball in your desired coating.


Store in covered container in refrigerator.  Makes about 22 balls at 90 calories each.  Click here for full nutritional breakdown.





Mmmm, these are satisfying on so many levels.

Linking to:




Cast Party Wednesday




No comments: