Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Drink Your Vegetables!

I have been MIA lately, partly because I am struggling with my weight loss (it's not going as well as I would like).  I feel like I've been eating pretty healthy and doing the same things I did a few years ago when I lost 30 lbs., but it's just not coming off.  Ugh.  I also met with a Personal Trainer today at the gym, and let's just say that my body fat analysis was less than stellar.

Not my number, unfortunately

Just goes to show that the "charts" can have you as normal weight and BMI (body mass index), but you can still be unhealthy and technically fat.

My Man and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year, and I was really hoping to fit into my wedding dress again, just for kicks.  I could have done that 2 years ago!  Sometimes I wonder if posting about food thwarts my efforts.  I mean, I love to cook, and I admittedly like to eat!  Maybe if I just post healthy foods, but what fun is that?  I have tried to balance posts so that I don't always bake goodies and have them around where I can't resist them.

So the other day, I tried something new that was posted by Lady With the Red Rocker on a blog hop I frequent:

A green smoothie made with spinach! 

It might sound less than appetizing, but it really was quite good because the original recipe contains both banana and peanut butter, which helps to disguise the somewhat earthy taste of the spinach. It was healthy and surprisingly refreshing.   And the emerald green color is perfect for St. Patty's Day!


The one thing I would change next time is that I would add less milk.  It was a little thinner than I prefer.  Wow, I wish I could say the same about myself!

No comments: